Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Kicking it off

Well, I've decided to start bloggin. Look out world! Hopefully I'll keep up with this but as I type I'm already thinking this will be something that I "plan" to do then end up not following through on my "plan".

I find myself wondering...why do I want to blog? Am I pissed about something...yes...lots. Facebook and Twitter just don't seem to be the right outlet for my rants...AND raves. I'm thinking that I'd like to try and do some "raving" on here as well as purge my pissedoffness in hopes to keep a clear mind.

So what to write about? I'm often told that I have great stories and musings and that I'm a great storyteller. Let's see how that transposes into written word. It's kinda tough for me to tell a story w/out using my hands, eyes, voice inflection, etc. But...maybe with a little help from that handy font tool bar I see above I can keep this from being like a Ben Stein monologoue.

If you're reading this be sure to comment, ask questions, and request my input. That feedback will hopefully keep me bloggin and will quite possibly give me some direction as to what to rant/rave about.

Well for now I'm going to close. It's beer thirty and I'm thinking that a little "liquid inspiration" is in order.

Be good people...

2 comments:

  1. I somehow that the stories can have the exact same blow as when they're dealt with the cigarette hanging from the mouth kicked back in a camp chair with a coors light. But I'm excited to see what becomes of this and to hear your stories.

    I don't think it's only the way you tell a story that causes the great outcome, but the way you direct your perspective into it with hilarity and the realness only a country boy could know.

    Lookin forward to this, Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben, go for the gusto bud. It's amazing who watches these blogs. I actually recently got a message electronically signed by our Commander in Chief after I sent him a ranting review of his incompetent handling of the US government. I also slam dunked the GOP and the Democrats for their stupidity. I think it will be interesting to see how many of these idiots actually get reelected By the way this isn't Donna it's Gary so don't be thinking she is this opinionated.

    ReplyDelete